The Baseball Process Way Part 1 with Walter Beede Welcome to The Baseball Awakening Podcast, where we dive into the raw, unfiltered, unsexy side of player development. Guest Bio: Walter Beede is the founder of The Baseball Process. A company that is sole focus on help players and parents understand what it takes to go through the development process, the recruiting process, the draft process, and anything else that parents and the player often are left confused with baseball development. Summary: On this episode, Host Geoff Rottmayer sits down with Walter Beede of The Baseball Process, where we talk about the many different understand that parents need to understand when it comes to their son development. Show Notes: In Part 1 of this Conversation Walter talks about:
- His background and upbringing in the game of baseball.
- Talk about his experience as a college coach and how it helps him with his Baseball Process business.
- The lack of understanding on parents part when it comes to the recruiting process.
- How important development of skill set is.
- When is the perfect time to get evaluate and start working on the game.
- The culture of travel baseball and when a parent should be concerned with such.
- What to look for when you are looking for the best travel baseball team.
- The idea of showcases and his thoughts on them.
- and much more.