The Ball Yard with Doug Latta
Welcome to The Baseball Awakening Podcast, where we dive into the raw, unfiltered, unsexy side of player development
Doug Latta, Owner and Professional Hitting Coach at The Ball Yard
On this episode, Host Geoff Rottmayer sits down with Doug Latta
Show Notes: In this conversation, Doug talks about:
- His path to where he is now as a hitting coach for professional hitters.
- What it means to have a swing that works against your body.
- Understanding what it means and how the body works in the swing.
- His thoughts on the On Base U and FMS screening.
- Things he has seen from a screen that prevent hitters from executing good swings.
- He thoughts and taught on balance setup, forward move and swing.
- How to get setup in a balanced position.
- Rule of thumb for forward move.
- Why he doesn’t like the back shift in the swing.
- His thoughts and opinion on the technology.
- Difference between hitting to the ball and through the ball.
- What adjustability his and how to teach it.
- Kids who get top hand heavy.
- What the barrel should be doing throughout the swing process.
- Developing an approach and how one should do so.
- and much more.
Facebook: Baseball Awakening Podcast
Twitter: Baseball Awakening Podcast
Instagram: The Baseball Awakening Podcast
Email Address: email@example.com