From Tennessee to the Big Leagues with Michael McKenry
Welcome to The Baseball Awakening Podcast, where we dive into the raw, unfiltered, unsexy side of player development
Michael McKenry, Former MLB Catcher
On this episode, Host Geoff Rottmayer sits down with Michael McKenry, a former Big League Catcher and we discuss his youth days and his path to the big leagues.
Show Notes: In this conversation, Michael talks about:
- His youth day as a baseball player in Tennessee.
- Coaches and his dad coaching him techniques and what to work on.
- Being an athlete first then become a baseball player.
- Was always swinging and throw even during basketball season.
- Who helped him develop a plan and approach to improve as a player.
- The information is out there if you want to get better.
- How he developed the confidence and belief he had.
- What his college coach was like and how it was different from previous coaches.
- What it was like getting drafted.
- Expectations he had going into professional baseball.
- Coaches who messed with his catching and swing.
- Getting the call to the big leagues.
- Who took him under their wing and taught him to be a big leaguer.
- The transition from being a professional athlete to a retired athlete.
- and much more.
Facebook: Baseball Awakening Podcast
Twitter: Baseball Awakening Podcast
Instagram: The Baseball Awakening Podcast
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org